View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 04:09 PM
bEaver_2
N00b

bEaver_2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is this a good way to get out of Sprint

First let me state that for the most part I've been very pleased with my Sprint service. I'm leaving for 2 reasons: Price and Smartphones.
Sprint right now is charging me $108 for 3G, 900 minutes, and phone insurance, and taxes.
T-mobile is only $69.99 for 1000 minutes, 3G, and NO contract.
Now with taxes and phone insurance($6 per month) its going to be about $83 per month. But that's still $25 cheaper x 12months= $300 savings per year.
Now I know their coverage is inferior, but I know in my city they have 3G coverage and I'm not on the road much so it shouldn't effect me too much. They also have the HTC HD2 coming out. Sprint has announced NOTHING.

Now my question is, I have like 21 months left on contract, which is a $200 ETF, does this actaully work to avoid that?
http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-phon...smoothly-9864/

Also, I bought my Touch Diamond off Craigslist for $150, so I still have my 2 year contract pricing.
So I was thinking about getting the mifi 2200 for free than selling it off ebay for $120ish. This should cover the lost of my opening deposit money.
After this I would cancel Sprint using the method above than go to T-mobile. Then I would try to get a free windows mobile phone through this:
http://wmdeals.com/
Then I would wait for the HTC HD2.

Now my questions are:
1. Does the Sprint ETF get around actually work?
2. Could I use my contract before quitting?
3. Is the Mi-fi the best item to resell?
4. Can you really get a free Touch Pro 2 from T-mobile?

Thank you all for your help. What I like about this is that it gives me the flexibility to rejoin Sprint if they did annouce something good in February. Yet it also allows me the freedom to not have to put it with old phones for the next 2 years from Sprint if they don't annouce anything.