View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 01:41 AM
jjlwork
PPCGeeks Regular

jjlwork is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[QUOTE=Raging Idiot;142938]As the admin Peter Poelman said after being forced to take off the roms from the XDA-Developers site: "The vendor giveth, and the vendor taketh away."

I definately think anyone not involved in the great work done here recieving funds is wrong and ing, however to be totally legit and legal the end user would have to supply their lisenced rom, MS could come here at anytime and shut down the rom production.

That being said they could not stop someone from creating a program that modifies original roms into the base roms used in the kitchens as long as the original roms are supplied by the end user. You could even go as far as to call it "Base Rom Creator for Windows Mobile", as long as the initial rom is provided elsewhere it is legal as far as the authors program would be concerned. Legality on the end users part though could come into question if they are using the program to modify roms that they don't own or have license to use.

Not to steal the thread or take away from the importance of what gguruusa is saying just adding my understanding of how this all works as I used to work for MS as a supervisor for multiple consumer departments that dealt extensively with licensing and copyrights over the past 6 years.

Last edited by jjlwork; 12-24-2007 at 01:43 AM.