View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 06:54 PM
murducky
Regular 'Geeker

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Guide] USCC TP2 to EnergyROM

This Guide will help you unlock, flash, setup MMS and tweak your USCC branded Touch Pro 2 to the custom EnergyRom.

Seeing how there is not a lot of support for us USCC peeps. I have decided to put together this thread to help out my fellow USCC.

***Warning*** I take no responsibility for you using and/or following this guide, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF you brick you phone it's your fault. READ READ READ and if you think you are ready READ some more!!

Post 1: Guide to HardSPL and Flash
Post 2: SMS/MMS, GPS and Data
Post 3: Radio Info
Post 4: Tweaks/Fixes
Post 5: Saved (TBA)

Quick Info
USCC Touch Pro 2
Name: Rhodium
CDMA Worldphone
WVGA Device

Save all of the files you download, you will need to go back to them from time to time. I would recommend creating a Rhodium Folder on your PC save all files there.

Step 1. HARDSPL your phone.

To learn how to HardSPL your phone and download the HardSPL visit RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

READ READ READ READ.. THEN READ SOME MORE

The files you will need for your USCC phone are:
The HardSPL itself RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3_100HSPL.zip and the relocker RhodiumW_SPLRelocker_063.zip

Follow the instructions and HARDSPL your phone.

*NOTE* when you HARDSPL your phone it ONLY gives you the ability to flash to a custom ROM, because the Touch Pro 2 is a CDMA Worldphone, if you want to flash to a different radio you will need to security unlock your phone. Please see Post 3 for more info on that.

Step 2. Download a USCC Stock Rom

Download here: Rhodium_W_WM65_US_Cellular_WWE_2.01.573.3.exe

Step 3. Download EnergyRom

In my opinion EnergyRom is the S**t I have tried others but always come back to NRG.

There are two EnergyRom threads for the Touch Pro 2, one for Sense 2.1 and one for Sense 2.5

Sense 2.1 Thread - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86491
Sense 2.5 Thread - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86489

Post 1 will have the link to the roms, download and extract the version of the rom you want.

Step 4. Flash via SD Card.

Make sure you have already HARDSPL'd your phone, if not you will brick your phone.

Copy the RHODIMG.nbh from the extracted zip file your downloaded in step 3 to the ROOT of your SD Card.

For detailed instructions on how to flash a rom please visit cornelious2's HOW TO: flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

*Tip* To enter bootloader mode (red/green/blue screen), Power off your TP2 (not just sleep) press and hold the volume bottom and power button till the bootloader mode starts.

Step 5. Hard Reset after a flash
Whenever you flash to a new rom or updated rom, let the setup run, you will want to perform a hard reset. To do this go to Start > Settings > System > Wipe Device

Now many perform the "flash dance" where as: before flashing to an updated rom, they flash back to the stock rom, then flash to the new rom, and perform a hard rest.

I have tired this and found it is not need, but this is me. I always do 2 hard reset after a flash.

Step 6. Get Data, SMS/MMS working
Please see Post 2 for information.

Step 7. Fixes
Please see Post 4 for Keyboard and other fixes.

Step 8. Customize

Check out Post 4 for tweaks. You should be good to go now. Learn how to use Sashimi to push all of your settings every time you flash check out my [Guide] Murducky's Guide to Auto User Customization

Step 9. I need to flash back to stock and re lock for warranty.

Well in step 2, you download the stock rom. Flash to it. Then follow this guide to re-lock your phone.

Great Guide from cornelious on the re-locking process, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333 , the below taken from him. Read their full post

RELOCKING

Relocking is actually MUCH easier than unlocking. There is really just two steps.

step 1.) Flash a stock SHIPPED rom (not dumped while a dumped rom is just the stock rom, the certificates are signed wrong and once you flash the locker it will give an invalid rom error.

step 2.) entering bootloader by using the sspl exe linked above, flash the relocker this again is a flash exactly like a normal rom flash except for your mode of entering bootloader. after these two steps are done, you are relocked.

A few people have mentioned hitting the unbootable cycle when relocking just like when unlocking. if this happens, just flash the stock shipped rom again.

Use the relocker RhodiumW_SPLRelocker_063.zip

*Note* The USCC stock ROM version, includes a boot-loader (splash screen) and OS (ROM) but it does not flash your HARDSPL, you will need to re lock using the info above.

Last edited by murducky; 01-11-2010 at 02:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.