View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 04:27 AM
tenthirty2
Regular 'Geeker

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK, THIS IS BIG... FREE VZW RINGTONES. SERIOUSLY.

OK, stay with me, it's late, and I need to go to bed. I thought I'd share my ringtone nabbing method with you all before I crash out, so feel free to throw me some of those PPCGeeks dolla's to show your appreciation! *j/k*

Go to http://getitnow.vzwshop.com/

Navigate to ringtones.

Search or browse for the ringtone of your choice.

Preview the ringtone by clicking the audio icon next to the listing, it should open up a pop-up via java that streams the audio content.

Here's where it gets interesting: Right click the window and view page info.

Bypass all the initial file reference garbage, and about half way through the info, you'll fine the actual link to the ringtone on the server. I typically open a new window and paste that url. It opens an embedded media player such as windows media player in the web browser, and streams the audio file. Just right click and "save as" to your hard drive, and WAH LA! There's the ringtone that Verizon was going to charge you hard earned $$ for, on your desktop ready to be synced to your 6700!

OK, that is about as clear as mud, but again, it's late, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed. I love you all good night... *lol*

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
This post has been thanked 4 times.