Thread: Taskbar Icons
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM
haus
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Taskbar Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideblaster View Post
Is there a way to disable the message notification icon in the taskbar? Both the envelope and the bubble. The reason being, when these icons are present, the bluetooth icon is removed which I need to confirm that my headset is still connected (a different issue all together). Also, the only way to get the icon to go away is to tap it very precisely then hit the soft key for dismiss, all of which I find very annoying.
Edit: by the way, when the notification bubble is visible, your left softkey should change to "Notification", which you can press and then dismiss using the right softkey. No need to tap the screen precisely.

I agree completely, its one of the things I hate most about this phone. It is compounded by the fact that bluetooth turns itself off all the time on this device (almost every night for me, and often when a BT device disconnects).

I haven't found a solution yet, but you might look in threads from tsowen for the Touch Pro that might have some clues about taskbar icons.

All I really want is a way to increase the number of icons allowed in the upper right, but I wonder if that is actually coded into WM based on screen resolution, so with 240px wide we may be out of luck. Not sure...maybe someone else with taskbar knowledge can chime in.