thew39mxr
Lurker

thew39mxr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I had the Omnia I and it was a painful experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujitsupalm View Post
How does it handle it's own version of touchwiz? laggy? i had to disable it for the Omnia I, which was kind of just killed the whole purpose of running a Samsung wm machine, it's very own characteristics had to be removed to make things run a little smoother.

resolution was another issue at the time, not many applications ran back then that suited the screen size.

battery power was a complete drag, so if all those have been resolved, i may find myself digging back to the Omnia again. or else there is always android nowadays.
Touchwiz isn't a bad feature and it never seemed to drag down my O2 that bad. I'm running SPB Mobile Shell now so the touchwiz is unecessary for me, therefore, I have it disabled which also I believe helps out the battery life.

The resolution on the O2 is amazing!! Probably the best resoloution on a phone I have seen right now. With Windows Marketplace and Samsungs own app store now open, there are a lot of apps that are available. Not as many as the Droids currently, however but in my own opinion, half of the apps are garbage anyway and drag the phone down.

The battery lilfe on my O2 isn't too disappointing to me. The bigger and better they make these phones obviously, aren't going to help the battery power much. I typically charge my phone once a day, depending on my usage, and that seems to be good enough for what I do. Samsung, also has an extended battery available for the O2 which I wouldn't mind getting but I'm not sure whether I want the fat battery and cover on my phone.

The Moto Droid, I've heard mixed emotions on. It's fast but too clunky for me and I dislike the slide-out keyboard. Other than that, I can't give much of a review on it.

The HTC Droid Eris, my girl owns. The resoloution is very nice on it as well but it lags a lot as you navigate through the phone. Lately, she has found herself rebooting the phone several times a day because it freezes up on her. She's not happy, to say the least.

I hope this helps out your decision process. Best of luck!!