View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 PM
whitey10tc
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible to use srpint TP for other providers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahc411 View Post
You would have to change the ESN (http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111584) or get verizon to add the original one to their database (good luck with that). While I'm thinking about it, why is it supposedly illegal to change the ESN on a phone that you own outright? I mean if you pay full price without any carrier subsidies, why is it frowned upon here?
The laws that are in place on Cloning were written to prosecute theft of services and Telecom fraud. It was a popular black market trick to sale a cloned phone. and for some that would want 7 phones for each day of the week but don't want to pay for 7 phones there fore robbing the phone companies of that revenue. In my opinion I think it's frowned on because it leads to and promotes theft and crime.
It also hinders the networks and causes issues there as well. There are legal ways of doing it that can be found on the FCC website. Forms from carriers manufacturers that would need to be signed.