View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:20 AM
DLCPhoto
Regular 'Geeker

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Won't Boot Properly - Hangs at TF3D!

Verizon TP2, Stock Rom, a few cabs to free up memory and registry tweaks.

Booted up phone fine this morning, played some Text Twist, everything seemed fine. I had a case in the OR, put the phone in my locker (had set the lock [no password] and turned it off). When I came back to it an hour and a half later, hit the on/off button to turn it on, hit the Unlock soft button bottom-left, red screen came up, hit Unlock middle right, same as usual. However, nothing happened. After several minutes, it started partially responding, but still wasn't normal.

I powered it down, and turned it back on. Seemed to boot normally, but when the light lavendar screen came up, with "HTC" in the middle, TF3D never loads. It just hangs there. It is partially responsive - can get Start Menu to open, get to settings (TF3D is still enabled), but it is otherwise not right. The Phone Icon at the top has an odd symbol next to it that is not in the phone's manual. Hitting the Phone hardkey produces no response.

I've powered it down, removed the battery, restarted - no difference.
I disabled TF3D, re-enabled it, no difference.

It's looking like a hard reset might be necessary, but I really hate to go there. The last time I had to do that, I ended up with some duplicates notes and/or contacts which really screwed up ActiveSync (I used SPB Backup).

What in the world could cause this? It was fine when it started up this morning, and nothing was installed, uninstalled, etc. between then and when this problem started.

Could this be a hardware issue? I've had some suspicions about the phone's screen, as Alignment went grossly out of whack once, and multiple times in a more subtle, but obvious, manner.

Is there any equivalent to "Safe Mode" where I can get in to trouble-shoot?

Any insight appreciated.