prodigy215
PPCGeeks Regular

prodigy215 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
If you have an unlimited data plan, and you are connecting through your normal Sprint PCS account (not "Phone as Modem") you shouldn't be charged. I'm new to sprint myself, so I can't say if you will be charged if you use the Phone as Modem connection. I thought I read that you shouldn't be able to dial in using the PAM account unless you actually sign up (and pay) for that, but I can connect via PAM on my phone and I don't have that option on my account. I am under a SERO plan though so I don't know if that makes a difference. Maybe someone else can clear this up a little more.

Bottom line though, if you make sure you connect through the "Sprint PCS" connection you shouldn't be charged.

I think he is asking about sharing his phone's Internet connection via WiFi, not just using a WiFi hotspot to access data on his phone. You will not be charged for accessing the internet through WiFi on your phone. If you don't have a data plan you do need to watch out for other things that would connect to Sprint's data service though. Weather programs, Instant Messengers, etc. will typically default to using the Sprint connection, not WiFi.
Wow, great reply. I had a feeling weather programs is not WiFi. Thanks a lot for the reply!