Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
DLCPhoto
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Display Alignment tends to wander

I agree completely with you, Eschelon, although Verizon doesn't.

My first, brand-new TP2, had a defective "R" key, and only registered 1/2 the time, so new doesn't guarantee it will be free from defect. In any case, I put up with it for more than the 30-day window they give you to get a new replacement, although I was out of the country for a third of that time. I called Verizon, and after a very long phone conversation explaining these circumstances, was told that I would be sent a new TP2. I was pretty pleased with Verizon at that point, having come from Alltel, with much uncertainty about VZW.

This went all to hell when the device delivered was a refurb. I called back, and they refused to honor what the other rep had told me, and said it was a refurb or nothing. That is the phone I'm currently using.

My primary question here is whether or not the lack of stability in the screen alignment represents a hardware problem. If it is, I'm going to call back again, and push as hard as I can to get a new one. But based on my prior experience, I'm not real confident about the outcome.

My TP2 was ordered online, and the local store says they can't help.