Old 01-05-2010, 12:54 PM
av8nwithtouch
Lurker

av8nwithtouch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation TP2 works for a day then rqrs reboot and freezes

Hi folks,

I've got a Telus TP2 that I've had since September. The other day I decided to unlock the HSPL and flash up Mighty's ROM.

So I used the unlocker and instructions found here

(it appears I'm not known enough here to post links but the thread found under CDMA Touch Pro 2 upgrades, top sticky)

and installed the previous ROM from Mighty, I think 12/27. I went stock->HSPL->mighty

Everything seemed to install ok, the phone worked fine for about a day then started getting buggy. So I soft reset it and at first it stuck on the orange Winmo bootscreen, then I soft reset it again and it wouldn't boot past the initial TouchPro 2 bootscreen where it shows the radio and stuff.

I went from that to the bootloader mode and installed the newest Mighty ROM and it was the same story. The phone works fine for a day and then gets buggy -> soft reset and it gets stuck on the boot screen. It just keeps happening and I have to hard reset the phone.

Now I see some people suggesting to go back to the stock ROM and relock the phone, start all over again for this type of scenario but I know the Telus stock ROM found here is unsigned. So is this even an option?

Anybody have any ideas on how I can get past this?

Thanks
Shawn