View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Harveystyles
PPCGeeks Regular

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!! Updated 12/6/09

I've had my Hero since the day it hit the stores, played with it relentlessly, tweaking settings, trying out widgets etc. etc. Got bored with it about 2 weeks ago. Only complaint was the lag, especially in the landscape keyboard. It was so laggy, you had to wait about 1.5 seconds in between button presses for it to keep up. Started reading up on rooting and flashing roms (as a previous Touch Pro, and current Vogue owner-running android, I have a little bit of knowledge flashing, just not of Android). Got it rooted 2 nights ago, then flashed Fresh 1.0. Last night, after 2 tries and 1 Nandroid restore, I got my SD card partitioned, and Apps2sd2 up and running, and I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed at the improvement. There is now almost no lag what so ever on my phone (with the exception of running a crap load of apps in background). Even in landscape keyboard, it lags a little at first load up, but after that, it sails like a dream. I can type a fully loaded text message with proper punctuation and everything, and it MIGHT lag once. Right now, I'm like McDonalds - I'm Luvin' It!
Fresh 1.1 Rom