View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 09:40 PM
O.a.T.
VIP Member

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which Stable ROM Should I Get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by web1b View Post
I have a HTC Diamond on Sprint.

I don't need a ton of apps on it. WiFi sharing, Voice Command.
I need the phone features to all work (GPS etc), voice dialing working, stable bluetooth handsfree, address book transfer support and A2DP stereo streaming support, the best possible web browsing experience and UI as finger friendly as possible so I rarely need to use the stylus.

Beyond that, I just need it to be generally stable so it doesn't freeze up and need frequent resets.

I'm willing to give up some of the coolest cutting edge things in the more experimental ROMs so the things I really need to use are reliable.

Which are the best ROMs in this case?
Well, as a recommendation I would suggest staying away from the roms with 6.5.x systems and Sense 2.1/2.5 on them since these are all pretty new betas. That leaves roms with a 6.1 or 6.5 sys and either a strict Titanium UI or with Manila 2.1. Given those constraints most of the chefs on this forum are pushing the envelope with Sense and the latest 6.5.x sys's. I personally use a custom built rom based on OMJ's kitchen that I find very reliable and robust, but there are a few quirks with it. If you don't want to get into the kitchen quite this quick, I would suggest GadgetFreak's rom:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87847

that I used for a while with great satisfaction before moving over to OMJ's stuff with the goal of starting to cook myself. There are probably others too that I am less familiar with. Good luck.

Last edited by O.a.T.; 01-03-2010 at 09:51 PM.