View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 03:47 AM
master4g
PPCGeeks Regular

master4g is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking of coming back -Hero to Diamond

Hello. I asked this on another thread, but then I saw yours and thought you might be able to answer my question better.:

Personally, Here are the things that are holding me back (from moving over to another OS from WM): I have gotten pretty comfortable with some of the apps which are available for WM, the main ones being:
1. IGo 8 for Text to speech, turn by turn GPS(or any good alternative in that case..like tomtom).
2. WMWifirouter to creat a wireless hotspot
3. Browsers, browsers,and fast browsers (Opera Mobile and Opera Mobile with turbo, and skyfire)
4. A solid SIP keyboard like TouchPal (I think this might be available for android now)
5. Magicall ( so i can train my phone to not ring during certain pre-set times of the day)
6. Don't really play games, but SPB Brain evolution is nice once in a while.

Hardware wise: I small phone with a front facing qwerty would be ideal. I am looking forward to the HTC Trophy which is supposed to come out in 2010.

I think I am ready to move on from WM as the lag really bugs me, but can someone convince me and assure me that the above apps have substitutes on the other side of the river.