View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 06:39 PM
ac520
N00b

ac520 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.1 from the rooted Nexus One is now released

So I took the plunge to 2.1 and am loving it so far. I have unlocked several WinMo devices in the past but was a bit nervous rooting my Droid and flashing my first ROM but with all the awesome How-To’s on this site the other android related sites it was a snap.

The first 2.1 image I flashed to was the Nexus One 2.1 (build ERD79) ported to Droid. I ran that one for several hours until I realized it did not have the Corporate Calendar app which is a complete deal breaker for me. But while I was on that ROM I was really digging it. It was quick and very usable.

From there I went to the Dec 24 build of flan 2.1 by humancyborg (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8U5PEXWV) which has the Corporate Calendar app and from what I can tell, several other fixes.
I have been on this build for a day and again I am really loving it. No serious issues so far… but the day is still young. I have noticed a couple of issues that haven’t caused me any problems but thought I would mention them for those care…

The KB backlight works some times. I have not messed around with it enough to figure out when it does and doesn’t work but I can tell you that that light is there and I would imagine there is some logic as to how or why it is operating.
I also noticed some landscape “glitches” when closing the physical KB. Nothing serious, just a bit laggy at times.

Other than that I have not found any major issues with this build.

For anyone who is on the fence about flashing to a 2.1 build I would have to say it is close enough to stable to take the plunge. I am new to the android scene so I have no point of reference when it comes to the relativity of the word “Stable” but from a WinMo 6.5.x perspective… android 2.1 on the Moto Droid is extremely stable.