laxman12786
Lurker

laxman12786 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: text messages from the future Y2KX issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
i like this theory. seems like an easy fix also seems like a fix on the server side right? not on the phone side? should we call in and complain? would they even understand what were are talking about when we mentioned this? there solution is to do a hard reset or send in the phone to get a different one.
Yes, I like it too. The only issue I see with it is that again, not ALL Sprint TP/TP2's are having this issue. Could it be that some towers/data centers/whatever are running different versions of transmission/relay software?

If they were, it's possible that some have a hex date variable whereas others use binary or decimal. That would explain why not all of the seemingly same phones with the same ROM versions experience the trouble. My guess would be that this is the case and only in isolated areas are the CDMA towers/relay stations running the newest version of the software which no longer uses a hex date code - and if that's true every phone in that area will work correctly.

Do we have any confirmed phones that exhibit the problem and one that does NOT in the same small geographic area? Similarly, are there multiple phones in the same small geographic area that do NOT exhibit the issue at all?

ORRRRR, am I just completely crazy?