View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 04:26 PM
digiblur
Halfway to VIP Status

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP1 (VZ) with MightyROM6 Final Release - Opera bugs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Hi everyone

I have been using the MightyROM6 Final Release for a couple weeks, and aside from the hard-reset I had to perform (posted about in detail) on Christmas day it has been very smooth.

However, the only other huge issuee I have been experiencing is Opera use - ALWAYS running out of memory. I either get a pop-up on screen display "out of memory" or Opera repeatedly closes without warning and anything I was doing or working on is lost.

I tried adjusting the memory cache up to 9,000kb (slighty more than double the default) but still get memory pop-ups after literally 2 minutes of very light use with only ONE tab open. Plus, on the previous TP1 I had for a couple years, I never had to adjust any Opera setting and it worked like a dream

Is this issue normal, either for the version of Opera baked into MightyROM6 or MightyROM in general?

Are there any settings I can adjust, newer stable versions I can download of Opera... or other custom Roms that have been demonstrated as stable on the TP1 cdma?

Thanks so much!
Did you adjust the pagepool to 6MB before you flashed? Noticed you have Verizon listed, so I assume you have the memory gimped model of the TP1 from VZW.
This post has been thanked 1 times.