View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Sailrace
Regular 'Geeker

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thinking of coming back -Hero to Diamond

There's a good chance that nobody here cares, but in case anyone has specific questions about moving to a Hero, i might be able to help.

Basically, there are just a couple of things that really bug me with the Hero. First and foremost is the quality control. I'll try to put a succint list of reasons i'm coming back:

1) Dust under the screen. While a lot of people say this is minor, and only visible in bright light, etc. if ind this totally unacceptable for a device of this caliber. There should not be dust forming under the screen, and if after 3 weeks it's already prominent, what will my screen look like in 3 months

2) Email / exchange sync. The email app is very slow to bring up new emails, and furthermore, using folders is all but impossible. While folders do show up within the App, they don't synchronize properly, which means i can't continue using the rules that i had set up on my exchange server.

3) Calendar widgets - while apparently there are some alternatives that work, i would like a simple home screen widget that accurately shows me upcoming appointments. For some reason, the HTC / Android widgets screw up the date for all day events.

Until HTC gets their act together and fixes the dust issue, and / or Android and Sense are updated to 2.1, the Hero just isn't quite up to snuff. While there isn't a lot of good news from Sprint on the upcoming phone front, i'm hopeful we'll see something in the next couple months that will justify my money. For now - i'm coming back to WM and sitting it out with my Diamond.