Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Missing/late text messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syph3r View Post
I had a delayed text messaging issue back when I had my Touch Pro. I did a bunch of research (switched phones, other peoples sprint phones) and came to the conclusion that it was a network and not phone related. Long story short I got fed up with the BS respones I was getting from the sprint reps so I sent a very long and detailed email to as many sprint VP's as I could and I finally got a response and talked to some guy out at corp. in Kansas that troubleshooted it and saw that it was actually the tower by my house.

My recommendation is to see if you can isolate the problem. Test to find out if it maybe only happens at your house or work. If you come to the conclusion that you only get delayed text messages when you are at home then it could very well be a tower. Also, find someone else with sprint and send a few text messages to their phone and see if they have the same problem or not.

One more tip, in my situation the reason why I wasnt getting my text messages was because the guy told me the network couldn't find my phone, so therefore when it eventually saw that I was on the network (which took anywhere from 5 mins to 24hrs later) all the text messages came through. One way to force the network to see your phone is to make a phone call. When I called my voicemail or someone else I would always get a bunch of text messages to come through.

Hope that helps!
If it was the tower, wouldnt the oher phone we have, a PALM PRE have this same issue? it doesnt... all of those message come right through.. i fact last night I was not at home and was sending messages and all of the replies to my messages came right through but a new one didnt until this morning and there are about 2 my work sent me that I never received....