View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 01:25 AM
petermg
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Get your msl / spc here!!!

If GetSPL and bafmsl doesn't work for you, try this! Worked perfectly for me!! I cannot locate the origin of this information but it does work!

1. You need a Reg edit tool like PHM RegEdit.
2. Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ATDbgLog
3. Edit item called "Enable" and change from "0" to "1" (leave out quotes.) Save changes.
4. Exit PHM RegEdit.
5. Shutdown/turnoff device.
6. Turn back on.
7. Once turned on leave running for 1 minute or longer (a log files is being created durring this time in the "\Temp" folder.)
8. After 1 min go back into registry and set value back to "0". Make sure to save changes and exit PHM RegEdit.
9. Shutdown device again and turn back on.
10. Varify that the Registry value is still set to "0", if not then repeat above steps and wait 1 min before shutting down the second time in step 9.
11. Now you should open Explorer and go to the folder "\Temp" in the root directory of your device.
12. You shoould see a file called "ATDbg0" (the "0" may be another number like 1), if your using another file browser you may see the full file name include the "xtx" extention. This file is a text file and can be opened in Word mobile.
13. open the file and use the find feature to locate "RMSL", you should soon find a line item that includes a 6 digit number, this is your MSL code.

On my Touch Pro the ATDbg file was actually in a folder from the root named Atlog (\Atlog). If you can't find the folder just do a search with GSFinder or Total Commander for "ATDbg" and it should come up.

I do not know if this works on all windows mobile devices, but I know it worked on my Touch Pro (even when GetSPL and BafMSL did not) and it's reported to work on Titans/Moguls.

EDIT: Confirmed to also work on the Touch / Vogue

Last edited by petermg; 01-01-2010 at 01:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.