View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
CyberMonkey
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: Different types of iPhones and how to identify them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samezoobi View Post
Hi

There are different versions of the iPhone and I recently bought one. I dont know what version it is though. I have a friend who said if the back of the iPhone is black you have a version 3. I saw the new iPhones 3G-S have a white backing to it. I recall seeing previous versions of the iPhone having a mirror back. Can someone help me clarify this?Thanks in advance.
Are you talking the size of the storage space for the iPhones?
It says it on the back of the device, it will say 8GB, 16GB or 32GB. It will also state "iPhone", "iPhone 3G" or "iPhone 3GS".
To my knowlege the color really doesn't matter, it would only matter if they made certain model available in a different color.
If you are talking about the firmware version, then go to "setting" then "general" and then "about" and your firmware version will be listed there. firmare version does not matter at all for the different colors or models.