acts
PPCGeeks Regular

acts is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: "Sprint now has the most compelling lineup of smartphones..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
T Mobile seems to be the clear winner here. Lowest prices, pretty good coverage (In a giant city like mine all 4 carriers get good reception except my friend with a bran new iphone 3G still can't get data at work) You can unlock almost any GSM phone to use it on T Mobile and the phones don't cost twenty thousand clams. I'm starting to think about leaving sprint for real.
If we're talking plans for PDA/Smartphone, and line up of smart phones, Sprint still has the lowest price planwise. Even at 39.99 for T-mobile's cheapest 2 year contract plan, you have to add a $30.00 Data package, which brings the total up to $69.99. Any person can go to sprint.com/sero with the leaked vp e-mail + CID and get a data packaged plan for $59.99. This also does not include SERO, which technically doesn't exist.

As for smartphone lineup here is the full line-up:
Verizon: Motorola Droid, HTC Omnia, Samsung Saga, BB Storm, BB Storm 2, HTC Imagio, Omnia II, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro 2, BB Pearl 8230, BB 8830, BB 8703e, BB Curve 8330, BB 8530, BB Tour 9630, HTC Droid Eris, HTC Ozone

ATT: Iphone 3G, 3GS, Nokia E71x, Nokia Surge, Samsung Jack, Samsung Propel Pro, LC Incite, HTC Pure, HP iPAQ Glisten, LG eXpo, Nuvifone G60, HTC Tilt2, BB Pearl 8110, BB 8310, BB 8320, BB Curve 8900,

Sprint: Palm Centro, Samsung Ace, Palm Pixi, Palm Pre, Treo 755p, Motorola i920, Treo Pro, Samsung Intrepid, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Diamond 2, BB Tour 9630, BB Curve 8350i, B Curve 8330, BB Curve 8530, BB Pearl 8130

T-Mobile: TMobile Shadow, TMobile Sidekick, Sidekick LX, T-Mobile G1, Moto Cliq, MyTouch 3G, HTC Touch Pro 2, BB Pearl 8120, BB Pearl 8220, BB Curve 8900, BB 8820, BB 8700g, BB 8520

If you look at the lineups, i'd say blackberry's are a wash, everyone has them. Verizon has the most compelling lineup given the Omnias, Imagio and Storms along with the Motorola Droid. However, to say sprint's lineup is the worst isn't fair, the HTC phones are pretty much standard on every carrier, and sprint carries the Palm Pre, Pixi, Moment, which I would give the nod to anyday over the other garbage ATT is shoveling outside of its iPhone 3gs. I'd say the unique PDA's (which I've listed closer to the front of each carrier listing), Sprint's beat's out T-Mobile as well. It comes down to a matter of preference too, Treos or Sidekicks.

I'd say sprint's line up is pretty good, I wouldn't say great, but it's not the worst.

Also, yeah sprint phone prices are more expensive, but over 2 year contract, even 1 year, you make up the difference in monthly payments which people don't really consider. And if you upgrade in that 1 year increment, you still come out even against other carriers.