View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 07:27 AM
teh
N00b

teh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Error Messages

#777 is the number the phone uses to make a data connection. I've gotten those errors too. From reading through the posts on this forum, I'm thinking some of them come from being in an area of bad reception, where the phone is struggling to make a data connection. I've also just gone into the connection settings and deleted the "auto" and "VZW Embedded" connections, leaving just the Verizon #777, as an experiment to see if I get fewer error messages. I can always get them back with a hard reset, I'm thinking.

As far as Opera goes, I spent very little time with version 9. I've had the Opera Mobile version 10 Beta 2 running and am pleased with it, running in Turbo (Opera's servers compressing web sites before sending them to you) in Full Screen mode to give me a computer-like browser. Down side, the browser won't rotate into landscape mode without a rotation app like Gyrator2 running in the background--don't know if this is just a beta issue or if that function has been deleted.

Memory issues: make sure all unnecessary apps are really closed and not running in background. Use a memory management app like HTCAddicts CleanRAM to capture back unused memory. I've got it set to do a "Level 2" cleaning every hour automatically and it's solved most of my out of memory issues. You can get more radical results by not using TouchFlo 3D, but IMHO you lose some of what this phone is all about by doing so. Read through some of the memory issue threads on this forum and make up your own mind.

Please hit if I've helped you attain enlightenment, grasshopper.
This post has been thanked 1 times.