View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 11:53 PM
brokenflipside
PPCGeeks Regular

brokenflipside is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DRM *.wma issue on the Touch Pro

Ok I am going to revive this post... due to the great article posted by our friends over at PocketNow.com

I have researched this thoroughly, you cannot play DRM WMA files on windows mobile 6.5 --now since I have no access to a phone with an official carrier release of 6.5 I cannot confirm that this is only for cooked roms or not. I have read 1 post saying it worked flawlessly on a Stock ATT Pure. So the issue seems to be why do the cooked 6.5 Roms not include the DRM certificate for WMA DRM files? I have seen a few posts about this after 2 days of research but no substantial answers, essentially this might be the article that leads the way for numerous people with DRM WMA files.

At this point the most I have found is that it seems that LockstreamDRM might not be cooked into most 6.5 Roms --I am not an experienced chef AT ALL, but my attempts to cook LockStreamDRM into my own ROM has NOT been successful. To my knowledge there has not been a successful LockStreamDRM cab made for that matter, other than an Orange French version that did nothing when I installed it into numerous ROMs. Any thoughts? Anyone?
Attached Files
File Type: cab orange_fr_lockstreamdrm.cab (163.5 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar LockstreamDRM.rar (152.2 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!