View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:46 PM
freeza
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Bare Naked ROM [4-X-10] WM 6.1 Build 21056 Manila SenseUI 2.1 & 2.5 CAB

UPDATE: 4/5/10: Thanks everyone for your support. As you know, the HTC EVO is dropping this summer, and i'm making the switch so unfortunately this ROM will no longer be updated and will go final without a lot of finishing touches (mostly cosmetic) I had planned. However, if someone wants to take over, I will be more than happy to upload my entire project.

Welcome to the Bare Naked WM 6.1 based ROM.

All carriers are supported but Sprint is the main focus since it is my carrier and with limited testing capability for other carriers, I will rely more on the community for feedback as to what works and what doesn't. There is also a "rogue" version of the ROM which includes no carrier settings, so you are free to apply whatever carrier cab or settings you want.

This ROM includes absolutely nothing but the WM6.1 OS, and HTC Menu enhancement, as well as a few services related to HTC and Manila incase you choose to Install Manila/other HTC programs from a CAB.

YES, this means that Sense 2.1 IS installable by CAB, but it takes approximately 10 minutes to install. And it is almost fully uninstallable (still working on automating this part) which means that you CAN install Sense 2.5 if you don't want 2.1, or just run it bare.

Get it by going here:

http://www.freeza-inc.com/freezaROM

The OEMCAB folder is there incase you want to install any of the commonly found programs on a full ROM and will more than likely be updated as new versions get leaked/released.

OS Version: WM 6.1 build 21056.1.6.9
ROM Size: ~71MB
Archive Size: ~53MB
Storage Memory: ~360MB
Program Memory: 199.61MB
PagePool: 0 (Dynamic, gives more total RAM, but users more RAM over time. Use included pagepool changer to change if so desired.)

Thanks to: olipro, cmonex, ervius, bepe, Calkulin, no2chem, chainfire, Juggalo_X, and also every member of the XDA-Developers/PPC Geeks community for their hard work, time, effort, and support.

Thanks to testers for finding and reporting bugs: MrMiyagi, mgk.

NOTE: If there is a demand for it, a WM 6.5 one will be made as well.

NOTE2: To get ## codes, please install fi. EPST liniks.cab from the OEMCAB folder. They will then appear in Start>Programs>EPST. Verizon, Telus, and US Cellular people, please provide feedback if the EPST links work for your carrier. Sprint is already verified working.

NOTE3: Uninstalling Sense 2.1/2.5 WILL fail, and i'm not sure why. Even after unchecking HTC Sense and rebooting it will still fail. However, you CAN delete all manila files successfully as well as the registry keys and other files related to Sense 2.1/2.5 without error, but to automate the process, I may include a mortscript to handle what uninstalling the CAB cannot.

And if all else fails, choose the "rogue" version and install your own carrier cab and/or apply your carrier settings accordingly.

Carrier ROM facts:
Current WM 6.1: 21056.1.6.9
T-Mobile WM 6.5: 21881.5.0.84
Verizon WM 6.5: 21874.5.0.83
US Cellular WM 6.5: 21864.5.0.81
Sprint WM 6.5: 21889.5.0.87

Current Sense: 2.1.1920.3317.0
T-Mobile Sense: 2.1.1921.3017.1
Verizon Sense: 2.1.1920.3917.2

Donators
:
MGK

Last edited by freeza; 04-05-2010 at 04:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 22 times.