View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 03:37 PM
jeff_roey
PPCGeeks Regular

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: fix for GPS delay

Suggest Staying away from fooling with the drivers if you can. I use IGo 8 when driving and Google Maps when walking around metro areas I visit frequently for business. I have the following tweaks installed (can't take any credit - I've picked them up from various threads here and XDA and settled on the following adjustments after a lot of trial and error):

a. Changed the Following Registry Keys:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval = “500”
(*** DEFAULT WAS 1000 ***) (*** 100 RECOMMENDED ELSEWHERE ***)

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\InputBufferSize = “1024”
(*** DEFAULT WAS 4096 ***) (*** 512 RECOMMENDED ELSEWHERE ***)

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\OutputBufferSize = “1024”
(*** DEFAULT WAS 4096 ***) (*** 512 RECOMMENDED ELSEWHERE ***)

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\SleepOnNoData = “100”
(*** DEFAULT WAS 1000 ***) (*** 512 RECOMMENDED ELSEWHERE ***)

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\CurrentLogFile = DELETE THE PATH PROVIDED AS THE STRING VALUE (I.E. RE-SAVE THIS AS A BLANK ENTRY)

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\OldLogFile = DELETE THE PATH PROVIDED AS THE STRING VALUE (I.E. RE-SAVE THIS AS A BLANK ENTRY)

b. Created the Following DWORD Registry Key:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize = “1024”
(*** 512 RECOMMENDED ELSEWHERE ***)

c. Manually deleted the Following Files:

\windows\GPSLogFile.txt
\windows\GPSLogFileBack.txt

Unless I'm zooming down the interstate at 70, the tweaks above has my GPS consistently reporting my location within 20-40 feet while driving and pretty much spot-on while walking.
This post has been thanked 6 times.