View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 06:02 PM
land2634
Halfway to VIP Status

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Needing Advice Here

Alright, I'm trying to help out my dad and brother here. They both have Touch Pro's on the same account. My brother's TP has been having screen issues for about a week now. Since I had a screen go out when I had one of these devices, it looked to me like the screen was going out. I told him to take it in since he has TEP. Fast forward to last night, he's getting ready to take it in, and I watch him pick up the phone, turn up his volume (he had just gotten off of work), and literally, a piece of his volume button just falls off... I'm thinking, "Great, good luck getting them to look beyond that." I go with him into the store, and they take it to the back, and sure enough, say the volume button was "customer abuse" and it would be flagged as damaged beyond repair. Oh, and they bring it out and say, "by the way, you didn't mention you had a cracked screen." One problem: it DIDN'T have a cracked screen before they took it to the back. I used the device myself to backup his contacts and whatnot. So here we are today, and my dad calls. His TP volume up button broke off as well! What are the odds? So, what can we do here? This is the same store that recently told me that my wife's Diamond had physical damage because the back battery cover had normal scratches on the camera lens area from sitting on the table, etc... I know for a fact these devices weren't abused, and in fact, the store indeed cracked the screen on my brother's device. What do I do?

Edit: Just want to be sure to mention I don't think they are asking for anything outrageous like a free upgrade. They just don't want to be required to fork over $100 when they didn't cause the issues.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!