View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 02:21 PM
JonV
Regular 'Geeker

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: programs running constantly?

The bottom line is that many things running are supposed to be running and act as a service. Among them are email and calendar as well as apps you may have downloaded like weather channel or SportsTap You will have problems if you consistently use task killer to kill all running apps without a bit of knowledge. Android was built with its own memory management that all-in-all does a great job and doesn't generally need your help. My suggestion is to take care and only kill tasks that are high-level apps and not service apps. And generally, a good high-level app (media players, Pandora, etc) will have its own Quit menu item to get itself out of memory.

Coming from a WinMo background, one of the first apps I got was Advanced Task Killer thinking I knew better than the OS. Once I read some experts on the matter, I quit trying. While it seems all those apps and services must be eating your memory, I've yet to hear of anyone actually having memory problems.
This post has been thanked 1 times.