View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
troyolson92
Lurker

troyolson92 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: battery glitch?

Got a new phone couple weeks ago. This one's battery is holding up fine. I want to post a couple of false myths. 1st.. icons on home page or in my case 7 home screens full (I use open home), do NOT interfer with battery OR performance, UNLESS THEY ACCESS THE INTERNET/DATA (EX:WEATHER). program shortcuts etc. do NOT use ANY battery or processor. I say this after sprint sales guy was all over when I tried returning my phone the first time swearing up and down it was all my download crap and the widgets using my battery. COMPLETELY FALSE!! Widgets only use battery and processor when updating! Most shortcuts/widgets are just to launch programs and DO NOT use processor and battery. This guys was a fool. I was happy the new battery not working either proved him wrong. Turns out my battery issue was related to the phone (samsung software or other harware issues). A new phone and full charge I went back to show him ALL my 7 pages filled with crap and 40% battery after 10 hours of medium to heavy use!

To sum it up:
THE SAMSUNG MOMENT BATTERY ISSUE IS NOT RELATED TO THE BATTERY. IT'S THE ROOT SAMSUNG SOFTWARE OR OTHER HARDWARE ISSUE.

WIDGETS THAT DON'T UPDATE USE NO BATTERY OR PROCESSOR POWER ON YOUR PHONE. i HAVE 7 HOME SCREENS FULL, INCLUDING, WEATHER, NFL, BEAUTIFUL HOME, BUZZ DECK..... tHERE IS ZERO DECREASE IN MY BATTERY LIFE OR AVAILABLE PROCESSOR MEMORY/SPEED WHEN COMPARED TO HAVING NO WIDGETS!!!!