View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
cbreze
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Your comments appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
i just swapped a verizon TP2 for the Imagio for the following reasons. i know the ups/downs of phones & WM but the Imagio is possibly the finest phone available today in the USA (any carrier):

1. i thought i'd need the slider/full keyboard but i don't and when i might it's no benefit. the keyboard itself is too wide and the keys (special keys) too different in location from the onscreen board so it's never second nature to use.

2. size/weight. the TP2 is a GREAT phone if you need the physical keyboard but it's too thick and heavy when not in use

3. the TP2's screen/buttons are too close to the edge, making button use and onscreen-touch use more difficult than needed. the Imagio feels much better in your hand during phone calls & internet use. the bezel spaces the screen allowing easier hold & one-hand operation (thumb swiping/clicking)

4. Imagio has the 5th hardbutton (extra center button) on the front making it MUCH easier to use with TouchFlo or any frontpage. the 5th button is a lifesaver and it protrudes enough to find without looking.

5. volume up/down buttons on a better place than TP2 (too many accidental hits with TP2).

6. winmo6.5 is much cleaner and better imho. i don't need rom updates weekly just a clean/reliable phone and wm65 >> wm61 with no need to wipe/rinse/flush for a while. MightyMike & these fine folks won't make me more productive, if anything create more hassle later.

7. i did the no push hack and SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy.cab hack as well as remove Verizon TV from registry. no-brainers.

8. i don't use IE often but IE6? on wm6.5 is 10x better than what wm6.1 has so that is another tool in the drawer so to speak if needed.

Now the Imagio is not yet hackable which is a dealbreaker to many here. It seems locked to Verizon for now in the USA another reason why it's not a blog-favorite. It simply is a great phone though imho. Good luck!
Thanks for taking the time for such a thourough reply. I did find the ssk dynamic cab and it works very well to free up extra ram. There is no push internet on the imagio tho, so not sure why the need for that tweak. I haven't had opera close on me since installing ssk tweak. I'm fine with the oem Rom. Seems alot smoother now. My biggest hurdle is adjusting to the virtual kb. I do hate greasy smudges on my screen.Lol. The rest is pretty good stuff. The lesser weight is really a treat.
Funny, you say you like the vol. buttons on the diff side. I find it ok but the exact opposite of my tp2. Small learning curve, But the stylus, yes I do pull it out, being on the left, again, the oposite of what I was used to with the tp2, and I'm right handed.Lol. Another small learning curve. I've only had it 5 days. I'm liking it more tho. How'd you get rid of the tv, and does it free up any more ram
Edit: forgot to mention how great the speaker is. Compared to my tp2's dualie, it's at least as good and I think maybe better, very good sound quality and volume.

Last edited by cbreze; 12-16-2009 at 09:51 PM.