View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM
gcianc
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Your comments appreciated

i just swapped a verizon TP2 for the Imagio for the following reasons. i know the ups/downs of phones & WM but the Imagio is possibly the finest phone available today in the USA (any carrier):

1. i thought i'd need the slider/full keyboard but i don't and when i might it's no benefit. the keyboard itself is too wide and the keys (special keys) too different in location from the onscreen board so it's never second nature to use.

2. size/weight. the TP2 is a GREAT phone if you need the physical keyboard but it's too thick and heavy when not in use

3. the TP2's screen/buttons are too close to the edge, making button use and onscreen-touch use more difficult than needed. the Imagio feels much better in your hand during phone calls & internet use. the bezel spaces the screen allowing easier hold & one-hand operation (thumb swiping/clicking)

4. Imagio has the 5th hardbutton (extra center button) on the front making it MUCH easier to use with TouchFlo or any frontpage. the 5th button is a lifesaver and it protrudes enough to find without looking.

5. volume up/down buttons on a better place than TP2 (too many accidental hits with TP2).

6. winmo6.5 is much cleaner and better imho. i don't need rom updates weekly just a clean/reliable phone and wm65 >> wm61 with no need to wipe/rinse/flush for a while. MightyMike & these fine folks won't make me more productive, if anything create more hassle later.

7. i did the no push hack and SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy.cab hack as well as remove Verizon TV from registry. no-brainers.

8. i don't use IE often but IE6? on wm6.5 is 10x better than what wm6.1 has so that is another tool in the drawer so to speak if needed.

Now the Imagio is not yet hackable which is a dealbreaker to many here. It seems locked to Verizon for now in the USA another reason why it's not a blog-favorite. It simply is a great phone though imho. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
I've had a verizon tp2 for the past 3 months and love it. It's beginning to seem a tad heavy tho, w/kb and all. So from what I've seen and read The imagio seems the perfect alternative. Same os/specs(mostly) and no kb to weigh it and me down. But....
The os seems more laggy, is it the 6.5 ui? Even my tp2 with 6.5 is pretty snappy .
Was hoping for some new roms, but don't see any hspl yet. Is interest waning already or did it never quite get going? The imagio section of the forum is kind of slow moving which makes me think interest is dying off a bit.

I notice alot of you here have been tp2 users previously and opted over to imagio. This is my thought and why I'm within my 30 day trial and mulling over this device. I really like the lighter weight, I don't need a kb alot, just for brief notes so no hard kb is ok. But the lagginess concerns me. I know there are tweak cabs available and have tried some already. If you would comment on which ones you've found that do the most good I'd appreciate it.

My biggest wonder tho is why the seeming diff in the tp2 os to the imagio
as far as the quickness of the os? My tp2 was ready to go and fast right out of the box.
I'm kinda rambling, but these are just some concerns and questions I had.
One more thing. Has anybody broke their battery cover yet? Seems awful flimsy, especially near the bottom where the shiny meets the matte. I cringe whenever I have to remove it.

TIA
This post has been thanked 1 times.