View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 07:38 PM
petermg
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I read and save my SMS messages to my PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swin View Post
There's Efficasoft Mobile Express. Free, available here: http://www.efficasoft.com/mobileexpress/index.html

It can be obnoxious when it's connecting (when it fails have to exit & restart), and I think it requires your phone be set for ActiveSync without "advanced networking", which is also annoying.

Once running though, it's convenient and useful, can send/receive/organize/search messages on phone from PC, can also back them up (export) to a text file format on the PC. (Though I'm not sure if you can search those through the program.) Although I think searching or exporting was irritating until I figured it out - don't erase from phone without inspecting your export.

There are PPC applications which will do backups, many payware (doesn't mean they'll have easily readable formats).

You can fuss with PIM Backup (freeware) and end up with a .csm of your messages which you can import and parse with Excel... bit of a hassle. (Uncheck 'binary', open .pib like a .zip)

I'm sure there's some nicer easily-readable solutions for on PPC, anyone? Mobile Express does a decent job.

Gets through the 4 step process, starts reading my folders.. then fails This after I disabled the advanced networking. Until I did that, it didn't see my phone at all.