View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:01 AM
spacejam
Lurker

spacejam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[29 Dec 09] [WM6.5] [WWE/ITA] SpaceJade 1.2.1 - CE OS 5.2.3820 (Build 21887)

First of all, let me say sorry for my howlers in english...

Introduction

Hi all,
after working hard for so many weeks and the last days spent in testing this release, it's now time to share with the Jade community here @ PPCGeeks my own new ROM based on WM6.5 Pro. In my opinion it seems to be stable and fast, a good balance between new look, performance, stability and new HTC stuff.

This ROM is based on the final & official WM6.5 Pro build 21887, WWE 0409 localization and you can choose between two versions, the Lite and the Standard ones.
Because of I really like iContact, I had also include this iPhone looks like MS contact replacement, you can choose to use it or not.

Removed Modules & Packages

From MS WM6.5 SYS Folder:
  • ADC, Autoupdate, Customer Feedback, Error Reporting, Irda, LiveSearch, RemoteDesktop Mobile, RingAndAlerts, SampleMusic, SkyBox, SkyMarket, SQLCE Mobile, SQM, Themes, Transcriber, VoIP, VoiceCommand, WelcomeCenter, WindowsLive, WMWidgets
From HTC OEM Packages Folder:
  • Comment Feedback, TouchFlo 2D (aka Manila 2D), Opera, VoiceSpeedDial, BTBPP/BTFtp

Software in bundle
Differences between Lite and Standard version

The only difference between versions is the "software bundle", in the Lite version I also removed the following modules & packages:

From MS WM6.5 SYS Folder:
  • FWUpdate, IPSecVPN, Office, OneNote
From HTC OEM Packages Folder:
  • AdobeReader, AudioBooster, Facebook, Java, LongPressEndKey, RandomAccess, RSSHub, Streaming Media, Voice Recorder, BTSAP, OOBE, IME Tutorial
From Software in bundle:
  • BlueTooth Audio, CHome Editor, cleanRAM, Marathon, Skype, Total Commander, WiFi FoFum, HTC MP3 Trimmer, HTC Mobile Wi-Fi Router, Games

How to install
  • You need Touch 3G Hard-SPL (HardSPLV5.2 now) for this ROM. Your Tricolor bootloader screen have to show 2.xx.olinex, to check it switch off jade; press volume down key and power key to go to bootloader. For more info Jade / Touch 3G Hard-SPL
  • Download the file of the desired version from post #4
  • Use shipped RUU or customRUU to flash the cooked ROM
  • Hard Reset after 1st boot
  • Enjoy

Thanks to

Thanks to all the guys @ XDA, especially thanks to all the VIP members, the real gurus of WindowsMobile.
This is a great community, so keep up the great job!!

Last edited by spacejam; 01-11-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Information Updated