View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 02:15 AM
ravjeet
Lurker

ravjeet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: R-UIM(cdma) Qpst Findings(Touch Pro 2)

my gsm is unlocked and gsm service works fine.
what i am trying is if i use ruim in gsm slot i should be able to use cdma network and if i use gsm sim i should be able to use gsm network.
it might not be hardware that is stopping the phone to read ruim and use it on cdma services it will be blocked from software only. as in bb8830 you can insert some series of ruim available in india and they work perfect but if i insert a ruim in bb 9530 it does not work.
do you know of any chinese website where they say tp2 used with ruim might be it is a patched radio which has ruim enable.
i know and have tried htc 6700,6800,6850(have to install sim tray) , bb8830(ruim in gsm slot) can be used with ruim

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=371689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

im not jump to it wont work because of a radio! there are htc devices that have working ruim radios! im sure there is someone that can pull what we need and port it to the tp2 radio!! its not hardware thats stopping us its software/firmware! the touch pro on au(china cdma) uses ruim to connect to there network!

also are u just trying to make it work on a cdma device or are u trying make the ruim sim work on a gsm device! i ask because i am looking a both!!

Last edited by ravjeet; 12-22-2009 at 07:05 AM.