Mahalo
PPCGeeks Regular

Mahalo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ingredients for a good ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannowicki View Post
-SNIP- better too now that VZW imagio isnt crippled as badly with prog. memory/ram as the TP(Raphael) was
That is actually how I got my Imagio for free! My Alltel TP died under warranty and when I requested a new one they tried to pawn off a crippled machine on me. NO WAY! I pulled $200 out of my pocket and told them that it was my early termination fee unless they gave me a phone with equal or better specs and they pulled out an Imagio from the back room which had just arrived a couple of hours before on the release date.

Conflippers ROM was fantastic and I ended up swapping out between his and the Mighty Mike/Silence ROM a few times before my keyboard had catastrophic hardware failure.

I especially liked that Conflipper's was made especially for my Alltel phone (I do still miss Alltel, but VZ Wireless has done a great job at customer service unlike their landline or internet customer service. Plus they kept all of my favorite people from my Alltel store.) All in all I was shocked to find a VZ product I don't hate to pay for.

I have all the faith in the world that the ROMs on their way to us will be extraordinary. Even the tweaks that have been widely posted make my phone perform very well, I can't wait for it to perform extraordinarily well.

I picked up a couple of days of overtime so I will be able to separately donate to the work they are going to undertake.

HTC Imagio on Verizon Wireless
Tampa, FL