View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
mstevens
Regular 'Geeker

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should my MSID change?

I've had my Sprint Mogul for a couple of months now and due to a host of problems have had lots of opportunities to reconfigure my phone under the tutelage of Sprint's tech support people. As a result, I've checked my MDN and MSID a number of times. Since I ported my old number from Verizon, my MDN has been that number while the MSID remained the original Sprint number. Either one has worked for receiving calls.

Since taking my phone in to have a broken button fixed, I've had a range of vexing problems. When I noticed that I could no longer receive calls at my "old" Sprint number, I checked and found that my MSID is now a number I've never seen before. When I call that number I get some poor person who has no idea what's going on, so it's a working number that isn't mine. I'm able to place calls but can't receive any. Last night, I started getting constant attempts to do an IOTA followed by error 1012.

I do plan to call Sprint later today when I have a few hours to spare, but I'm curious if anyone has seen this lately.