View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:32 PM
z28marols1
PPCGeeks Regular

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro?

+1

My TP was freaking awesome when i first got it last year (I came from a mogul so the TP seemed nice at that point). After about 45 days I started getting dissappointed. After going through some refurbs and more issues I spent more time holding back the urge to throw the thing through a brick wall than actually using it for what I should have been able to do with it. Last week I finally convinced sprint to do something about it and they did. So, with almost a week under my belt with the Pre, I have to say... I'm impressed! With a handful of hacks off of preware this phone does everything I want it to and does it beautifully. My TP looks like such a brick next to the Pre its not even funny. I seriously considered the TP2, however, i really want a break from WM and resistive touch screens (I cant tell you even after turning up the sensitivity in TF3D how many times I executed a swipe but the phone interpreted a tap).

My thoughts after having 3 WM phones in a row: Loved winmo when 5 first came out and I had the Apache. Since then its.... old. The Pre and WebOS walks all over it. And as far as an iPhone comparison (I use a 3rd gen iPod touch on a regular basis), the screen is slightly more responsive on the touch, but the lack of multi-tasking makes it a no brainer. Also the battery life between me and my friends with iPhones are about the same, however, if I choose I may carry an extra battery and swap it out or simply buy an extended battery. My friends with iPhones are leaving their phones at the work station plugged in the wall cuz they died on them.

Last edited by z28marols1; 12-07-2009 at 02:34 PM.