View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:02 AM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice--Existing Number

I don't think there's any downside to setting up a new google voice number when you get your account. You can add google voice voicemail to your regular cell number after the fact, so you don't lose anything. But if you set it up on your cell number from the start, you can't go the other way.

And as far as transcription goes, it's... not good. It's somewhere between completely useless garbage and a call filtered through a lens of madness. Which can be fun.

But even as spotty as it is, it's really useful. I can glance at the transcription and see if it's a long rambling message that I'll have to listen to later (and usually get at least an idea of the content), or a 4 word throwaway.

And, finally, call forwarding: Sprint's conditional call forwarding is supposed to be free now, but when I set it up a few weeks ago, they charged me for it. Called and got it taken off my bill. Be wary.