View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 09:08 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OMJ's | HTC Sense / Manila 2.5 | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21870 / 23504 / 28002 | 12/02/09

FAQ

Running out of memory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
For those of you having trouble with space, go here and download mobile monger. It will give a visual 'map' of what's taking up space on main memory. I use it to find caches that can be deleted. HTCAlbum will make a pretty large cache if you use it to look at facebook albums. It downloads a lot of thumbnails and pictures to Application Data. Mobile monger will run fine from internal storage too. Also, you can change opera mobile's cache to internal storage (have to search for how...I can't remember).

*edit - I didn't realize that the new version of mobile monger costs money. I have attached the free version from calc's kitchen. Just copy the .exe to internal storage and run the .exe on your phone.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1265865564

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post

Also, if you use Google Maps, it will take up more and more Main Storage space over time, even if installed to Internal Storage. This is due to it storing your user data to the Main Storage Application Data\Google Maps Folder. For that reason alone, I use Bing instead of Google Maps with the Diamond and Sense 2.5 for the most part. Please note that you can set up ClearTemp, in it's main settings area, to clean specific folders. In turn, you can have it clean the Google Maps Application Data Folder if needed. Plus, you can have it clean the Application Data\HTC\Album\Cache as well as Application Data\HTC\Prolauncher Folder or another folder that loads up with data, like mwalt2 stated. This will help save precious space as well. Further, if you're still running low on Main Storage, make sure to have all email attachments set to be stored on Internal Storage as well as all images including videos, pictures, etc... You can also move wallpapers there too.

Hope this helps...

Using a PIN? (thx qwho)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nize2beme
OMJ,
I seems to have a problem with it locking everytime I have to put in my PIN. If it has a PIN required, and I restart it locks after I put in the PIN, so I have to hard reset... this is for 28002 1.2. I have to enter a PIN due to my company's exchange server requirements (it sucks) any idea whats' causing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
This will let you get around that exchange policy. Just unzip and run it from storage (I keep it there for every time I set up exchange) and uncheck the boxes. Then all you have to do is change your lock settings from the settings menu.

Every once in a while (it happened once since I have been using this) when you sync exchange it will force the policy again, just run this app again.

With this rom there is an issue with the pin settings, it says failed to save lock settings, or something like that... but it still works.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...3&d=1259688386

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1610

Known Issue (thx Groove)

- Media Searcher sets a registry setting when the music tab used for the first time, which causes an error in Internet Sharing.

To fix this issue, simply delete the following registry key:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WIDCOMM

Last edited by OMJ; 02-15-2010 at 07:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.