Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What are your top 5 apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
Handcent SMS
Beautiful Widgets
Barcode Scanner
Automatic Task Killer (kind of a pain in the ass sometimes)

all rest i just have but i just got the droid yesterday. so well see as time passes.
I want to add Handcent SMS to my list as well. This app is just an awesome alternative to Google's native messaging app. I had previously read about it on a thread poll asking which messaging app you used, and honestly, the default messaging app is good enough for me, but Handcent splits up your texts and automatically sends 2 separate texts when you reach the 160 character limit. I'm sure as most of you can tell, I'm rather long winded, so this was a must.

When I downloaded it I was completely overwhelmed with the options and some of the customization options. You can change the background, color of chat bubbles, change the LED color, blink pattern, and so much more. It's great! One of the best features is the pop up box when you receive a text. It displays the sender, their picture, the text message itself, and offers you a few options straight from the box, one being a TTS feature which just reads the text aloud via that sexy robotic voice some of us have come to love, hate, or just cringe at. Anyway, Handcent SMS. Highly recommended.