Thread: 6.5 Roms
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 01:23 PM
KBZL
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6.5 Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogulman01 View Post
I've been using Mighty's Rom 4 for a while now. I was thinking about using a 6.5 rom.

I had a few questions though
1. Why are there different builds of 6.5 in all these roms? Is MS still working on 6.5 or something? What's the difference?

2. I like Touchflo 3d. I don't know what Manilla, Titanium, Rhodium, etc are? Is there a 6.5 Rom that maybe would be like Mighty's Rom 4 that is really good and stable?

Should I just stick with 6.1? I'm pretty happy with it...
1. 6.5 is MS newest builds. 6.5 runs a little better than 6.1 but has a new start menu and some other minor updates. 6.5.X Builds are a continuing updates hopefully leading into 7. They have the larger more finger friendly menus, start menu button has been moved to the bottom left corner. Once again 6.5.X Builds run a little better than 6.1.

2. Manila is the HTC interface that comes on the HTC diamond as well as many other HTC devices with WM OS. Titanium is the new today screen for the newer 6.5 and 6.5.X.

I would suggest if you have the time to just do some flashing and see what you like. It wont hurt your phone and you may be happily surprised by the newest builds.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!