View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
p-slim
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
Folks, regarding Google Maps:

If on Sprint/Telus and ? I advice to NOT use version 3.3 of Google Maps (the latest) but stick with 3.2.1.

v3.3 breaks or really screws up MyLocation big time, whereas it should work with 3.2.1 as usual:

http://www.wmexperts.com/whats-going...ps-my-location

It's not the kitchen as I have tried this on other devices, including a Treo Pro. It is definitely something with how v3.3 works with Sprint/Telus towers. No fix available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Thanks for trying, but no go. This is on a fresh ROM that I only installed GoogleMaps 3.2.1 on first. I'm building on 28005. I applied your patch and rebooted.

Does anyone with 28005 on Sprint (or possible other) have GoogleMaps 3.2.1 (or 3.3) locking with towers only (Use GPS OFF). If you had the GPS on you have to shut it off and start GoogleMaps with USE GPS off then click the "My Location" blue dot. It should still roughly find your location.
what is the advantage of using the tower lock on with google maps or myphone, somebody put me on? when i get tower locks it always like 1100 so what is the point? Someone educate me on this.
Google is the next skynet