Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 AM
quickstang
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Power Button Not Working

Guess no one knows the answer to my question, but alongside the power button not working, when I got home and plugged the phone into the charger, it would not charge. No light, no nothing. I was able to plug the charger in after a soft reset, and but after the screen turned off and I unplugged the phone, the LED is stuck orange. So back to the soft reset.

I then logged on to my computer, and saw I had 4 e-mails, and when I soft reset my phone, it shows nothing. Same with text messages, and I KNOW my girlfriend probably sent one or two.

So even though I could not get the power button to turn the stupid thing on, none of my emails or texts came in. I figured even with the power button not turning it on, the LED would blink if a text or e-mail came in. I was wrong. Kind of like the phone was just dead.

I did manage to do a full backup with Sprite backup, and dont care to just start deleting apps in hopes to find out the problem. I guess I could, but maybe the hard reset is just better.

I really wish I knew what caused this, but have no idea. One minute it worked, the next it didn't. Thought it was software, so deleted the program I thought was the culprit and nothing.