View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 PM
mswlogo
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which is the best 28005 6.5.3 Manila 2.5 ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
I'm running a cooked ROM from Calkulin's latest kitchen.

WM 6.5.3 build 28005 manila 2.5 w/MaxManila 2.5

Love it, I keep it as slick as I can...only "app" I cooked in was GoogleMaps...I don't like re-cooking because an app was upgraded to a new ver.

No apparent issues...its fast out of the gate...MMS works out of the box (sending is thru album) but the ROM is provisioned in the cooking process.

Visual Kitchen seemed daunting to me at first, but easy to get the hang of...I actually think its so easy that its dangerous (if that makes sense to you all)

I agree with an earlier post...cook your own, so you have control of what goes in and what doesn't.

Have not had any problems yet...no crashes and no random resets.
Thanks, I get the basic Idea. I'm just worried I'll miss something critical.

I did manage to build a ROM with latest kitchen.

Could someone post a .ERV file of a known working ROM with the latest kitchen (preferable on 28005) as a starting point. Is there a way I can load CalKulin's ROM as a starting point to tweak. The ROMs I have tried have been very close to what I want. I only want to make a few tweaks. Be nice if I could start with CalKulin's working ROM and just delete a few things and add a few things. I think some chefs have done a lot of skin work that I may not get going the Kitchen route that makes it very attractive.