View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:13 AM
electrongun
Lurker

electrongun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Yeah! I finally got a TP2, no small ordeal though. 3 weeks to be exact.
I'll try to make this short:
1) broken keyboard, went to 3rd party repair center, where I was offered a list of replacements but no TP2. Hinted about the TP2, but got nowhere. Ordered a TP replacement.
2) Get replacement, but the top was loose, ordered new replacement on the spot.
3) Get replacement, keyboard brakes again after a week.
4) Called #2, told them about the keyboard and explained that I heard that the phone was being replaced, got transferred around. Everybody claimed that the phone was not being replaced. Customer retention tried calling the store, but the store did not pick up.
5) Went to three other 3rd party repair centers. Each time I was offerd the standard list but no TP2, but the last one indicated that the TP2 was not on the list anymore and that I should check with him from time to time.
6) Called to check, the TP2 was back on the list but he could not place order.
7) Called #2, Indicated that my keyboard was broken and the store employee tried to order me a TP2 but the system would not let him. Got transferred to advanced device replacement (or something), where I was told the phone was out of stock.
8 )Called back immediately and got transferred to Asurion, hanged up.
9) Called again, indicated that my keyboard was broken and that the store employee could not order me a replacement.
Got transferred to advance Tech Support, same story at which point I was told that a TP replacement had been ordered. I indicated that the store employee offered me a different model at which point the tech told me that "he was just getting to that", then went on to offer me the TP2 with the caveat that the system might not let him order it. Luckily, the order went through.

The morale is:
1) Try to find a store that is willing to offer you a TP2, because support might try to contact the store.
2) keep calling until you get the answer you want. Be polite and patient. I became rude out of frustration on my first try with #2, but that got me nowhere.
3) Do not mention that you want a TP2, let them offer it.