View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 08:22 PM
00_MACKIE_00
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Treo Pro soooo slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epichero View Post
I installed WM 6.5, and yes that did improve it a bit, but overall the phone is incredibly slow when it comes to loading my SMS, or even dialing a number for that matter. It seems like everything it does takes a good amount of effort. And if I get a call while browsing my text messages and other programs are loaded into memory...well, you get the picture.

I was hoping that an SD memory card would help the guy with memory allocation or something of that nature (hint: I can never get it below 52% memory capacity), but it didn't help.

Is there any way to trim the fat from the phone? Like to disable certain startup items or features or make the phone work better? I checked something on my Treo 650 the other day and couldn't believe the difference in response.

Epic
Did you do a hard reset after you installed the rom? I always install a new rom let it do its thing and when it loads back up to the today screen I immediately do a hard reset. Hope this helps. You can try the rom I am using, maybe its faster or something as I don't have any of the symptoms you described.