Thread: Which version ?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:25 AM
gguruusa
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serhito View Post
Hi,

Earlier this year I installed a ROM in my VX6700. It used to work perfectly but recently I am having some problems with the ON/OFF function. Once in a while, when I press the OFF switch to turn OFF the device, it looks like it's OFF, but the screen just dim and the unit will stay ON until it drains the whole battery. If I remember correctly, I already had some issues with switching the device ON/OFF with WM2003. Does anybody know if that could be a hardware issue ?

The other problem I have, I do not know which ROM I installed. How can i find out ? I check the "device information" and it tells me it is 3.50.00 WWE from 04/25/07. Radio version 1.10.00.
The reason I want to find out, is to be able to find a potential update that could fix the ON/OFF problem.

Other than this problem, the phone has been working perfectly. I was ready to ditch the phone until I found it.

Thank you very much for your help.
The 3.50.00 tells you which rom you installed. It's AKU 3.5.

I had tons of sporadic trouble using the on/off button under 3.5. Sometimes it would work great for a day or two, sometimes it would take 3-8 pushes to do anything. Since upgrading to WM6, never a problem. First push does what it should, every time.

I had wondered if it was a hardware problem too, but the symptoms just didn't fit very well with a hardware issue. Now that it's cured for me, I'm pretty sure it's software. It may be additional software I loaded (or didn't load), and not WM5 vs WM6. Either way, I'm not likely to use it as a hammer now.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-07-2007 at 12:31 AM.