View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 AM
omegastar78
Lurker

omegastar78 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi ya'll! Another newbie with an HTC fuze!

From the research I've done so far today I believe there might be a way to safely install Windows Mobile 6.5 on my HTC fuze w/WM 6. Ive updated the phone's system, modified the PTT button to open Microsoft Word Mobile on a short press and OneNote on the long press. I'm a sucker for trying out every "trialware" imagineable. Despite this relative familiarity with how I would go about putting WM 6.5 on I have a few questions-- please let me know if these have been answered here elsewhere!

1. Will TouchFLo 3D still work? I have the Black FLip Clock updated manilla (because the orange and grey att didnt suit my tastes), will this work with WM 6.5? (I started w/5, updated to 6).

2. Will 3G still work? I heard somewhere that if I unlock my phone and install Android on it that it won't be able to use the ATT 3G network (which is so slow in my area anyway). Was that true?

3. Third and final question, are there specific files and directions specifically for updating the HTC Fuze to Windows Mobile 6.5 on an independent website or blog (I'm almost certain ATT won't release this as firmware, they want me to buy another 300 phone! and that's after contracts a year ago!)

You are all seemingly very helpful and supportive people, I can't wait to learn more about programming, etc and make a career out of it. It starts with the love of the problem to solve, right here!