constitutionalist
PPCGeeks Regular

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: can't compose or read email

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
i have a strange problem where i can't create new emails or view them. i can open pocket outlook and see the list of emails but when i try to open one nothing happens.. same exact thing when i try to compose: nothing happens.

i think something might of corrupted so i tried deleting cemail.vol, pim.vol and even the tmail.exe to see if the problem resolves.

also tried deleting all email accounts on the device and re-adding them.. still nothing. i don't store attachments on storage card so corrupted storage card is out of the question.

hate to do a hard reset, but i'd like to find a solution.. seems windows pc isn't the only unreliable thing
im on the stock sprint rom btw,. sms/pic mail are working fine..

Did you by chance happen to install the SMS patch that fixes the issue where SMS messages fail to show as read once opened? I had the same email issue as you have and after a few resets and trials I was able to conclusively prove that (at least in my case) the patch was the culprit. If you have to do a hard reset, I'd play around with that a bit to see if that's the case with you, as well (assuming you had the patch installed to begin with). Best of luck.