View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 PM
pyro254750
Regular 'Geeker

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Be easy on me .......

Your experience may differ, but in my opinion WM is much more straight forward to mod than iphone. The iphone requires alot of workarounds to compensate for the OS's lack of flexibility so its a very inefficient system for applying mods. With windows mobile being designe to accept outside software, and HTC being so open to modding with the firmware, WM is a much more enjoyable modding experience, and has much more flexibility and potential than the iphone. The biggest issue you will fight is battery life, which is not an issue since the TP2 (at least i dont think it is).

Do as others have suggested and play with the stock os so you know what you are getting into. After a good week of that, decide on a rom, unlock, and flash (you only have to unlock once, then you can flash at will). Stick with a new rom for at least 24 hours to get a feel for it or you may not realize if you do or dont like it. My first WM 6.5 rom i decided in the first 15 minutes if i liked, and i went back to 6.1. Later down the road, decided I like 6.5 better and have since used nothing BUT 6.5. Also read and get familiar with the terminology such as manilla, rhodium, 6.1, 6.5, etc. Knowing these terms and their pros and cons will help you greatly in choosing a rom.

Good luck and happy flashing.